Answer the Questions in google classroom (it will just give context to everything) then ......
In Photoshop paste in your portrait picture.
Delete the background
Enhance the the value
- brightness and contrast or curve
- burn tool and dodge tool to get the best Darks and Lights you can
- render lightning
duplicate the layer and try threshold or pozterize.
4. Copy both layers sepereately and paste them into a new Letter sized file in Illustrator. !!!!! IMPORTANT!!!! DO NOT TRY TO OPEN THE PHOTOSHOP FILE IN ILLUSTRATOR OR OPEN A JPEG IN ILLUSTRATOR... when illustrator opens a jpeg or a photo shop file it doesn't give the file the same capabilities as just a illustrator file, soo in a way you will have a hard tine vectoring.
5. lock the pic layer and add a new layer
6. Locking and in a layer begin tracing either the highlights or the shadows which ever is the MINORITY or your picture