Assignment: What is photography to you?
Photgraphy ARt History
Using the Art history Links above complete both worksheets bellow. Please hand in the worksheets on google classroom
Photography Art History
Edward Steichen was a key figure of twentieth-century photography, directing its development as a prominent photographer and influential curator.
Ansel Easton Adams was a landscape photographer and environmentalist known for his black-and-white images of the American West. He helped found Group f/64, an association of photographers advocating "pure" photography which favored sharp focus and the use of the full tonal range of a photograph
Steve McCurry has been one of the most iconic voices in contemporary photography for more than 30 years, with scores of magazine and book covers, over a dozen books, exhibiting many countries and cultures His most famous photo is of the "Afghan Girl", the girl with the piercing green eyes that periodically appears on the cover of National Geographic.
Assignment part one: Research an artist
In a short answer response answer the questions below about one of the photographers above.
- Who's the artist?
- Give a little background context
- What kind of photography do they do or have done? (Sum up what you see from the majority of the artist's work)
- Pick an artwork/ photo of theirs you like
- What's the title?
- What is the photo of?
- Is there any striking artistic element present (Texture., Line., Color., Shape., Form., Tone. And Space,)
- Does it have a feeling, what and why?
Part two: recreate their art/ Well sort of
more to come