- Surreal Collage
- Pop Art (dots)
- Logos/ symbols
- Silhouette Tracing
- 3 Silhouette Story
- Mandala or Snowflake
- 1 point perspective
- Shoe Design
- Pet Collage
- Botany Painting
- Scientific Illustration (marine Biology)
- Extras/ face/ freedom friday
Foundation in Media Art Project (Chronological list)
Make sure that all projects are in your portfolio
Choose a final from the final Fima page
The Final Overview
The final exam will be made up of 2 parts;
A Refined Google Portfolio:
Go through and clean up your portfolio making sure that all unused text boxes are deleted, pictures are NOT STRETCHED or DISTORTED. All fonts are the same as is your background color. Your slides should look consistent with the following information on each
For the Final Project you are to choose one (1) of the assignments listed. These projects combined the techniques/skills from 1 or more projects that we have completed through out this year. You are permitted to use any project tutorials to help you create the work for your Final Project.
The overall grade is worth 1/5 of your overall class grade for the YEAR!!!
Extra Credit Opportunity!!!
On Friday, come see the artwork at the MHS Art show and recieve 5 extra points on your final!
in your do now portfolio answer the following questions
after completing the do now choose a subject from marine biology and complete a little research on it. In your do now Portfolio students must answer the following questions about your aquatic subject matter in a paragraph using complete sentences and a min of 75 words. This will be worth 50 project points!
The fascinating Deep sea Bioluminescent Octopus or Stauroteuthis syrtensis is a species that has rarely been seen or studied. It resides in the deepest part of our oceans, the North Atlantic Ocean which in part is the reason for its elusiveness. This reddish-brown octopus resembles a large umbrella, where its 8 legs are connected or webbed. On the octopus's underside, its suckers light up. A total of about 60 adhesive suckers exists on each arm. All light up with bioluminescence. Scientists believe this characteristic to be a defensive mechanism, and being used by the animal to scare off predators. Some Whales and squid are attracted to the glowing underside of the cookie-cutter shark, which grabs a bite out of the animals once they are close. The scientists also believe that the glowing characteristics purpose could be to lure for the planktonic crustaceans that form its main diet. This octopus does not continuously glow but will light up or twinkle for about 5 minutes at a time.
1. Based on the short EdPuzzle movie on Georgia O'Keeffe and your own knowledge/ research?
Who was Georgia Okeeffe
What kind of Artist was she
What in your opinion did she do well in her art (art characteristics)
2. Follow the link bellow and complete a TAG analysis of one her flowers
click on the appropriate link bellow
1)upload your artwork
2) give a TAG crit in the SLIDESHOW NOTES for another student
TAG is short for:
T – Tell the artist something you like. I like the colors you chose they give a emotion to your piece
A – Ask the artist a question. How did you get such small details around the eyes? did you use the quick selection tool?
G – Give the artist a suggestion on how to improve The background is a little plain you may consider adding a color, maybe a complementary color to make your animal POP!
In your do now portfolio answer the following question
Then go find a pic of your pet, a high res pic.
Paste it to photoshop
turn black and white
COMPLETE THE DO NOW BELOW
class obj. add finishing touches and complete a tag peer crit. you will get 40 point of a do now grade for this!!! big points!!!
Answer the questions bellow in your do now portfolio
begin duplicating layers and adding graphic styles and the mesh tool to achieve both form and texture
1)add your 2 shoe sketches to your portfolio for a project grade
2) open a new letter sized file in Illustrator!
go to The shoe design page
do the Shoe Questions in your do now portfolio
finish your landscape
find a shoe line drawing that you want to "redesign"
open your landscape project
continue to add shapes and overlap them so that you are building up to make your landscape
open your landscape project
1) copy and paste each layer from Photoshop to it's own layer in a new illustrator file
2) begin penning out the shapes in the background
3) use the layers to help overlap the shapes and get some depth in your picture.
Finish your 1 pt perspective
then answer the questions bellow for your next project Japaneses landscapes
Go to Pop Art Portraits page and open the project tutorial located at the bottom of the page.
1) find a portrait style photo. it does not need to be of a famous person but can be something trendy or popular to you.
3) create a new file in photoshop and paste your image in it and select and delete the background
4) change your image to black and white Image>adjustment> black and white
5) duplicate your person layer 3 times
6) on the top layer posterize it using 4 or less. Image > adjustment > posterize
7) start using your poly lasso tool to select shapes ie the eye or a dark shadow etc and start creating ben day dots ( a pop art style)
*hint choose 15 and below are your number in the top box
Bellow are just examples of image you could do.
answer the question below in your do now portfolio
1) review questions
2) find a portrait ie human face (high res) extra point for your own photos
3)paste photo in Photoshop
4) black and white photo
5) duplicate layers
open your Photoshop surreal project
count how many layers you have. is it 10?
1)continue to cut and paste images by using the selection tools; teh quick selection tool and poly lasso tool
2) begin to add "Image> adjustments" and "Filter>filter gallery" to alter colors and effects of your pieces
take a look at these beautiful collages from the series “Mapping” by American artist Sarah Eisenlohr. She mixed old photos and retro postcards to create stunning landscapes and surreal compositions. What is so surreal or "Dream like" about these
1) choose a surreal theme ie like a surfer riding a shooting star, or a forest of balloon trees etc
2) copy and paste a background image that will serve as the stage for most of the peice
3) learn and use the poly lasso tool aswell other selection tools to select areas of other photos to cut and paste and create a college with
4) by the end of today have a background and 3 intricately cut and pasted pieces
in your do now portfolio answer the questions bellow. (i promise this will be the last do now assignment for at least a week!)
begin to collage your surreal "landscape"
copy and paste at least 3 images to your piece today.
Welcome to Foundation in Media Arts
First of welcome back to school
i know you'd rather be on summer vaca, well i think its safe to say that we all do, but life moves on and so we are here.
take a look around this website it have everything you need to get an A in my class! it's really our virtual classroom.
A little about the class you are about to embark on
it is a computer based art class, so you will be getting an art credit for this! This is good because according to NYS high school students a required to fulfil at least one year of art.
also what is neat and different about this class is that you will be using adobe software which is industry standards in the art world. Graphic designers, animators, cartoonists, illustrators, industrial designers, all use this software. Not every high school student gets to learn these programs!
last day woot woot
make sure all of the following is in your portfolio
Congrats to all! Here are some words by DR Suess
decide what final you are choosing and begin finding images
interns are friday... make sure all 4th qt work is in your portfolio
1)scientific illustration collage
2) scientific illustration painting
3) watercolour portraits
COMPLETE THE DO NOW BELOW IN YOUR DO NOW PORTFOLIO
Then find a portrait that displays great Value and shows emotion
if you create a portrait that conveys a specific emotion ie happy, sad etc, you are eligible for extra credit or if you use an original photo!
This class aims to give students a taste of the digital arts while still hitting the essential Elements and Principles of art and design. Students will also have the opportunity to explore the numerous fields within the umbrella of Art and design.